Confession: I hate bananas. I’m also not a huge fan of coconut. I’m the worst paleo baker in the world. There are some amazing recipes for paleo pancakes but so many of them call for either bananas or coconut flour! So, I’m adding my own pancake recipe to the internet’s collection of paleocakes… banana & coconut flour free.
This is obviously my new favorite recipe, and is especially awesome topped with lemon juice, grass-fed butter and maple syrup, strawberries, rhubarb, pears, etc. No breakfast would be complete without bacon, so that’s included in my photo too.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1) Whisk dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl
2) In a separate (larger) mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, vanilla and apple cider vinegar.
3) Add the dry ingredients into the egg mixture, whisking until there are no more lumps.
3) Make pancakes! Heat up a large frying pan over low heat (I use between 2 & 4) with 1-2 tablespoons of grass fed butter. Use a ¼ cup to scoop and pour them 3 at a time into the frying pan. I like to keep my heat pretty low and watch them carefully to flip as soon as they start to bubble.
I like them best cooked in a LOT of grass-fed butter, but I’ve also cooked them in leftover bacon fat, or coconut oil. Just make sure you add a new 1-2 tablespoons in between each batch of pancakes in order to get that delicious crispy edge.
4) Top with fresh fruit, maple syrup, or both!